Thursday, January 17, 2019

January 17, 2019 Monk Seal Dailies: (part 2 ) Lesley's BIG Ka'ena Update

Day started at dawn and there were lots of come and goes from the NARS to Camp Erdman.
We were about to stop to take a break when we saw a group of kids playing down on a beach, then from the corner of our eye we saw a little seal haul out on some reefs. We knew RK88 "Puna" was on the West side with his aunty RL42 "Leia" so this little one could only be,,,,,
YES RK40 "Napua" !!!
I jumped out of the Polaris with my camera to zoom in on those tags and confirmed. For those of you who know me I did the Happy Feet Dance.
Today for the first time I had voiced that we had probably lost her, it's been 2 months since I last saw her with RG40 "Holokai" right in front of the house.
This week he showed up here again 2 days in a row, although he had been seen at TBR she hadn't been seen anywhere. I sent him a telepathic message to please bring her back. So perhaps he did just that but we hadn't set eyes on her yet.
The sentence of the day was "I feel as if I was given a special present" and I shared the exact same feeling.   Tomorrow there's more

 NEVER give up on these critters!!! YEA! Napua 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray! And a small happy dance in Illinois!
Bobbi