Wednesday, April 27, 2022

04/27/2022 (part 2) A Hui Hou Posse Pal Amy

 I got an email from Amy this evening being her last day on the beaches with the Hawaiian Monk Seals and in our beautiful state.  I personally would like to thank Amy and sorry that I never met her face to face. But sometimes you don't need to actually meet someone to know what a wonderful person they are!

Donna -

I got to say goodbye to RG28 Lefty at Kaula / Secrets. I put up signs but could only stay for one hour to do Seal 101. So I didn’t leave rope up when I left. I called it into HMAR and HMSPO and told Barbara Billand and Aunty Nettie about seal on the beach.

Lefty let me see each side of him - all but his signature natural bleach birthmark on his left foreflipper. I know it was him by the applied bleach mark and cookie cutter marks on his upper and lower back. He had tags too but not able to see those. I did see his male belly too.

I am leaving tomorrow for the endless beach with no ocean - Arizona. I am so lucky to have had time to learn from so many amazing people in the monk seal community- Dana, Barbara and Aunty have been endlessly generous with teachings. 

Find more volunteers and monk seal educators - the seals need lots of help - especially at tourist locations like Ko’Olina.

Take care fellow Seal Maniacs
Sincerely,
Posse Pal Amy

Lefty RG28

No comments: