Wednesday, September 11, 2019

September 11, 2019 (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

Went down at sunrise this morning to check on RH32 "Ka'ale" at first I didn't see him but saw the mess party kids left behind them last night (burned pallets and trash). I decided to go down and walk the beach and found him up against the rocks.
On my late afternoon check, I could tell by a trail that he had been into the water. His molt is +20%

Walking to BB Tables I saw trails at RN58  "Luana's" favorite spot and unfortunately fresh foot prints all around. Seems someone got way to close to the seal and the seal left.

At BB Tables RW02 "PVKauai" was hauled out. It looks like he may have started his molt. Light didn't help but there seems to be ruffled up fur around his shaved rectangle, done when he was in pre-operation for hook removal but not needed due to magic fingers and endoscope, so we'll have to wait for tomorrow.

I checked all spots to PkgLot for RL20 "Kalua" but alas didn't see him.
Hope everyone had a chance to see the beautiful moon rise tonight    More tomorrow ๐ŸŒบ

No comments: