Sunday, March 13, 2022

03/13/2022 Sunday Ceremony for Honey Girl and her Pups

Today at Turtle Bay a group gathered to remember Honey Girl and her pups. Dana had possession of the ashes from the her pups and grandchildren.  The turn out was amazing, so many old friends came out today to remember and pay tribute.  
A plaque is now at the Keiki Pool honoring Honey Girl. This to me was so special, so many of us spent hours and years there with her. It will always be her spot, and now it is there in writing. 

We started by returning Ua' Malie and her pup RKD2 ashes to the sea at the

Keiki pool.
Her beloved sister RG03 Ola Loa, brother RHX2 ashes were sent out to sea at the Elbow.  RHX2 was stillborn in 2016 and retrieved by Monk Seal Foundation volunteers and NOAA scientists shortly aftery R5AY gave birth.

Although there is a lot of sadness from the loss, we all shared our memories of the happier times with these animals.  When I looked over this amazing group of people I was honored to be among them. I haven't seen some of these folks for years, and I made sure I gave them lots of hugs.  We are so lucky to have participated in the life of Honey Girl.

No comments: