Thursday, June 24, 2021

06/24/2021 Thursday (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

 Today was much easier then yesterday but still a very busy day.

I went down at dawn, found RP30 Puka in a tide pool at very low tide as well as overnighted RN58 Luana & a freshly hauled out RO40 Ka'ena."Puka" was still in the tide pool and the volunteer had been looking everywhere for him so I pointed him out to her. When we turned around, I spotted RG28 Lefty swimming up to Luana and Ka'ena. Ka'ena when down to the waterline there was loud barks and grunts, Ka'ena Left and hauled out on another beach where he remained all day. Lefty got his spot beside Luana and both also remained there all day.
I went on towards the point. Found R407 Kawika and RG40 Holokai laying side by side. They were there till the afternoon, Kawika entered the water and left. 
I later saw RK36 Kauai Kolohe in a tide pool, he had left when I came back. RW02 PVKauai was doing his hippo act in an outer pool, in these occasions his 3 tags are so helpful.
More tomorrow - Be Safe ๐ŸŒบ

No comments: