Thursday, October 15, 2020

10/15/2020 (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

 

First thing check our front step and there he was R330 Squinty on D27 of his staycation. He spent all day there.

On my monitoring today I also came across little RL98 Lina with her shedding/molt at 60%
Suprise was to find "Kauai" girl R7GM - tags 7GM/7GN. This is her second documented visit to Oahu. First seen by Barbara in 2017 with a fresh CC bite on her TRN. Since then she has acquired many more scars. She is freshly molted and a beautiful seal. She is seal individual #35 documented by me at Ka'ena Pt State Park since Jan 1st
Later I saw RL74 Kami near the waterline sleeping among rocks.
It was such a beautiful day today that it was VERY hard to hold back and not go for a dip in my favorite tide pools. As soon as I got home from work, I gathered everybody, and we all went down for a swim.
Squinty was near the waterline, turned around and galumphed up the beach probably for another overnight.
More tomorrow - be safe 🌺😷

No comments: