Saturday, March 7, 2020

03/06/2020 (part 2) Friday Lesley's Ka'ena Update

Still have a smile on my face from yesterday's good news from RI - also to get to see super team out there Bleaching, De-hooking and surprise IDs. It's always a pleasure to meet the team and give you guys a hand, it felt good to have a flashback on our old Pier Days ! 

I made it out to the point today under light drizzles and LOTs of blustery wind.
Whales were EVERYWHERE putting on a show for all with breaches, head plunges, tail slapping and more.
When I got to the point I found RG40 Holokai, RN58 Luana and RJ28 (M) all together on some reefs. They were still there hours later when I checked again.
In the Main Pool R330 Squinty was doing the hippo, if it weren't for the scars on his had it would be impossible to ID him. He never turned around so I wasn't able to see his new CC (?) wound. Perhaps tomorrow.
RL74 Kami was hauled up on some reefs, she tossed and turned but was there all day. 
More tomorrow ðŸŒº

No comments: