Tuesday, March 3, 2020

03/03/2020 Tuesday (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

Yesterday on my morning walk down the beach I found a freshly hauled out RL98 Lina she spent most of the day there. From far I saw a cardboard box, I headed that way to get it and nearly touched Lina. She never noticed me !
I hear stories like that daily from visitors and hikers and I got to live my own today. I never saw it till I was so near it. most of the stories is that the seal turned and barked at them, as mentioned above Lina didn't even open an eye. She was out cold.

This morning as I went to check on her she was no longer there and I picked the box up.
Lara joined me to head out to the point. A couple of years ago Diane & I met her out at the point. We talked about seals, birds and told her about the Blog. Since then she has been an avid reader. She lives in Houston and contacted us to say she had a short stay on the rock, so I invited her to come out with me today.
I was one of those BEAUTIFUL days out here.
On our way in we saw The TRIO Snow Geese, many Albatross chicks a couple of whales and ONE seal. Little RL74 Kami was hauled out on outer reefs of the Main Pool. We walked around, checked some nest and came back Kami was still the only seal around.
Same on our way back we checked but didn't see other seals. The park was very quiet today, specially after that blustery wind calmed down.
More soon ๐ŸŒบ

No comments: