Tuesday, March 17, 2020

03/17/2020 (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

What a wet night and day so far.
I went out to assess roads and close park under heavy rain.
At Hidden Beach RN58 Luana  was hauled out sleeping peacefully. There was a wallow and trail to the water right beside her.
Once I got to the Boulders I decided to go ahead and hike to the point.
Just as I entered the NARS I saw a Kōlea already in its tux, time is close for them all to start their molt and get ready to leave the HI.
some adult albatrosses were flying around despite the rain. Little Ambassador Chicky was soaked. I stood for a while watching him till I saw him breathing.
At the point I found RH76 Kala IDed by her new bleach - never saw it was a female or ant tags. In the pouring rain marking had to do for it. When I checked it up I realized it was her and it was also my first sighting of her.
Around the area from the cliff I spotted RO40 Ka'ena IDed by his NB and O55 tag.
In a pool a small seal was doing the hippo. I went down to check and saw RL98 Lina's N34 mark.
It was raining all the time, but one look towards Kauai and I saw dark storm coming in fast. I started my way back. The windstorm met me near Leina, I had to use both hands to open the gate, so needless to say, I was soaked to the bone.
Roads were a big mud river, the ocean front was turning into heavy brown water all along the coast.
It's still raining so we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Stay safe and dry🌺

 a very faint N77  

No comments: