Friday, March 13, 2020

03/12/2020 Thursday (part 2 ) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

Yesterday I was out with a field trip, there was a lot going on but we were able to see some seals
RN58 Luana spent the day hauled out at Hidden Beach  - the kids the most beautiful Oli for her and many others thru the day
R330 Squinty was playing the hippo in the Main Pool
RO40 Ka'ena decided to give the grace of his presence on Back Beach
As well as our Black Footed Albatross, some chicks and The TRIO Snow Geese

Today I had to go to Keawa'ula side and got caught in those downpours getting soaked to the bone. We worked on restauration with school kids.
Team T&D had done the monitoring in the morning and I stopped by the NARS on my way bac.R303 Squinty was on the reef island of the Main Pool and little RL74 Kami was hauled up on the reefs beside the Main Pool.
A couple that had hiked in in front of me told me they had seen 2 seal at the beginning of the trail !!! Well folks I missed them. I was dealing in getting the bike thru the slippery mud and paying attention to fishermen in the water in the area. 

More tomorrow when things should be on a calmer pace 🌺

No comments: