Tuesday, November 12, 2019

November 12, 2019 Monk Seal Dailies:

Today's dailies are brought to you by Team Billand and Lesley. 

Team Billand only found two critters today, as they had some appointments to get to. At 7 am they went to check on Benny and he was in the same spot as yesterday.  Right up against the wall snoozing along.  There were some folks out and about and volunteer Melina was on site. 
Benny looked dry so it appears he probably spent the night.

Just after 8 Team Billand found Kekoa who has just hauled out. He was chilling on lower rocks and "maybe" molting, but it was hard to tell with his being wet.
They rechecked in the afternoon and he was still there only in his water hole.

FROM LESLEY:
I didn't go far this morning to check on 2 seals
My first one was RW02 PVKauai M+65% just down the beach - He definitely overnighted, there was also a fresh wallow near him with a trail down to the water. He had company overnight.
Further down the beach I found RN58 Luana I'm not 100% sure if she overnighted. The trails and wallows already had small crab prints on them.

I had an appointment in town and came back late afternoon. From the house I could no longer see PVKauai, I couldn't go down to check the beaches.  More tomorrow


Benny 
 Kekoa
Luana
 RW02 PvKauai

No comments: