Wednesday, April 26, 2023

April 26, 2023 Wednesday's Dailies

Todays dailies are brought to you by Tammy and Team R&B💕

Tammy is still on Molokai, and yesterday had a ten seal day.  She sent the photos today and thankfully labeled them for me. All I can say is Tammy is having a great time and I only wish I was there with her.
Here are all the seals she saw yesterday:  RK62 - RK94 - RQ32 - RN20 - RQ82 - RW00 - RQ28 - RQ30 - R424.

Team R&B took a completely different route this morning and went out to Mokuliea side of Ka'ena Point. Thankfully the weather held up and it was only drizzling. They met up with Lesley while out there.
They spotted a seal from afar and Lesley let them know it was RK36 Kauai Kolohe.
Next there was RL98 Lina.
Then they walked out some to the point and found two seals, which they did not know their ID. One large adult and one small mint greenish seal with a cc scar on left fore flipper. They didn't recognize anything familiar about the large seal.
Last seal on shore as they were going to leave. There was RW02 PvKauai.
Also they were happy to see lots of albatross flying and gliding. They were in heaven.

On their way home they stopped at a west side location and they were happy they did. There were three seals:
RL08 was at left high rocks alone.
RP30 Puka was alone at seal inlet.
RH76 Kala was at waterfront rocks.

They made one last stop. In the morning they could see there was a sweep of all the campers. When they went by in the afternoon the campers were back putting up their tents.  They stopped briefly and found RH48 Lei Ola in the little pond. She was alone snoozing once again.

RQ82
RQ28
RQ30
RQ32
R424
RK62
RK94
RN20
RW00
Albatross
RK36
RL98
Unknown Unknown
Unknown Adult
RW02
RL08
RP30
RH48

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aloha Monk Seal Mania team!

My name is Kai and I am a 3rd grade teacher on Oʻahu! I was wondering if I might be able to get permission to copy some of your daily posts for my students to read! Unfortunately, blogs are blocked on their school devices. However, I would love for them to be able to learn from your amazing observations!

Would it be possible for me to copy a few posts to share with my students?

Me ke aloha nui,
Kumu Kai

Donna said...

Aloha Kai

Please email me at dabella50@gmail.com I can help you sort through the information of if you have any questions.

Donna