Tuesday, November 17, 2020

11/17/2020 Tuesday (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

 

Yesterday R303 BG spent the day at our doorstep and RW02 PVKauai was on the opposite side working on his shedding /molt.

Today first thing was to check on overnighted RW02 PVKauai who is still in ~45% of his molt. It still seems he is shedding instead of going thru a catastrophic molt.
Further on also overnighted I found, RL98 Lina sleeping wrapped up around a rock
Out at the point RN14 Kalani overnighted on the beach. His molt is ~70%
Out on some reefs RL74 Kami was sleeping none bellie up, like a flashlight on the black rocks
As we were leaving by the corner of my eye, I saw an unusual shape rock. It was RK40 Napua sleeping very comfortably on some rocks.
The Albatrosses are flying in, today I counted 18 and saw many flying around. I think that the ones from the colony above the house are also arriving. We have seen some flying over for the past several days.   More tomorrow - Be Safe 🌺😷

No comments: