Wednesday, November 25, 2020

11/25/2020 (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update yesterday's news

Had a big seal day today enjoyed by a group that came out to join me in a restauration project.

When we were done, we headed to the point
Our first sighting was little RL98 Lina sleeping peacefully on "her" beach
At the point RL74 Kami, RN58 Luana and RJ58 Kaimana were in the same area but not in sight of each other. The girls took over the point today !
The NARS is starting to look like a popcorn field and the Albies were enjoying the wind and kept flying over us.
Back on this side I spotted a seal down the beach after saying by to the team I went to check
and ID R303 BG, from there I saw another seal that will go as an U/M because he entered the water before I got back to ID him.
As I got home, a neighbor drove up behind me to say there were other seals down the road. I drove back out to check the first one did look like a small seal from far (across the bay) but when I got closer I saw it was a big turtle. I may have spent most of the day there. I checked it and it looked fine just resting and baking in the sun. The other seal was RW02 PVKauai.
More tomorrow - Be Safe ðŸŒºðŸ˜·

No comments: