Tuesday, November 13, 2018

11/13/2018 Monk Seal Dailies: (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

When I went down this morning I found an overnighted RW02 "PVKauai" on D10m still with that small patch on his back so I have to say he's 95% molted.
RK40 Napua was also there, my impression is that they didn't "see or smell" each other. While I was observing them from the top of the hill while talking to my sister in Brazil, little "Napua" turned around and moved towards the water. I did not see her going in.

I went down for an afternoon stroll, "PVKauai" was still hanging around and "Napua" had left.

Although I had the day off the ocean was beautiful and I decided to go on towards 10Mnts. On my way I got a call reporting 2 seals there. When I arrived I saw RK36 "Kauai Kolohe" and further down one of the weaners RK88 "Puna".

Unfortunately my camera died on me last week and I'm waiting for the new one to arrive. My photos have been taken with a fantastic cel phone, later cropped and zoomed. That's why the quality of the pics have been "granulated", proof that we can take great shots without getting near the seals & binoculars help confirming IDs.  More tomorrow ðŸŒº


No comments: