Thursday, November 22, 2018

11/22/2018 Monk Seal Dailies: (part 2) Lesley's 3 in 1 Ka'ena Update

This is a 3 in 1 HMS report

On Tuesday morning I found an overnighted RW02 "PVKauai" at the Big Camp site and in front of our beach access little RK40 "Napua". Both spent all day here. In the late afternoon she left (in blue)

On Wednesday again RW02 "PVKauai" overnighted in the Big Camp site and spent all day (in orange)
This morning RK40 "Napua" and RG40 "Holokai" greeted me a Happy ThanksGiving by playing around on the sand then entering and exiting the water several times.
RW02 "PVKauai" overnighted again in the back of the Big Camp site.
RK88 "Puna" was hauled out at the Pkg Lot's main beach. When I returned from the point he was still there.
At the point I found R353 (F) hauled out up on some reefs beside the Main Pool (in white)
To TOP it off on my hike back I saw MY first whale of the season with many blows and tail slapping.

I'm wondering where RO40 "Ka'ena" is. He has been MIS for several days after a very slow start on his molt. Perhaps and hopefully I'll see him tomorrow ðŸŒº

No comments: