Friday, September 9, 2011

9-9-11 DB Dailies

At 0550 we found Irma (R010) and Kaiwi in the shallows where they spent most of the morning. They were still swimming when I got back for my 10-1 shift, but did haul out mid day for a snooze and a couple of feeds. I know you've heard this before, but that kid is Huuuumongous!!! D#29.

The Rabbit Island cast today was Kolohe (RW22), Duke (RA12) and Nani (RK60),to the right of SRI.

On my 0629 , Spitting Cave check I found what I believe to be Buster (RV08) doing 10 minute dives. His speckled back, dark under jaw and 2 red tags, are the basis for that statement. The 2 tags definitely rules out RIP. Somewhere along the line, I sensed that the might be more than one animal there. That was confirmed at 0719, when I got a good , though single look at somebody I do not know. I only had time to register a healed scar on the right side neck/head, and an older coat. I did not see the animal again. I did an afternoon recheck, but nobody was home. Hopefully, the mystery will be answered tomorrow.

Team Billand checked in from Ka'ena Point at 0828 with the report of Kerby (RW08), 761 (with a new head wound), a molting U/U, and Noa (R6FI),at the end of the world. At 0913 they added Ka'ena (RO40), and T15M to the cast. The NOAA gang went to KP today, to deal with Kerby and Noa's hooks, but the animal's locations did not allow a capture. They will try again next week, according to Dera.

Dera called at 1537 to advise that Colleen was responding to an animal at the Diamond Head showers. Colleen's photos confirm the Rocky (RH58) ID.
DIGA Gabriel sent extra cute photos of R5AY and pup at Turtle Bay today (D#43).  Karen Turner reported and sent confirming photos of Right Spot, also at Turtle Bay today.

  Irma and Ka iwi
 Day 29 she's grown so much.... starting to see her coloring change from black to reddish brown
 she still stays close to mom... 
 Auntie June caught some nice shots today... I got to visit with her this afternoon. Such a nice group of people at Camp Irma... 
 Tender moment
 Big Momma not so big anymore.... using the kid for a pillow
 Hi !  Just having a late afternoon snack
Rocky back home @ diamond head
 Let's hope she stays put and doesn't go back to nightly Waikiki visits

No comments: