Wednesday, August 23, 2023

August 23, 2023 Wednesday's Dailies

Tonights dailies are brought to you by Team R&B💕.  Marilyn did see five seals today on Rabbit Island but she had plans for the evening and won't get to the report.  Also in other news I would like to Welcome Robert home and hope he stays strong. (I know you were missed).

Team R&B went looking at the bay for Miss Kala. She was up in the grassy spot and very alert. It seemed as if she was looking for another seal in the area. Team R&B didn't see anything that would cause her to be so alert.  

Well she was right, Team R&B eventually found another seal to the far right, heading to higher rocks. There was the beautiful Lei Ola RH48. Last week when they saw her she had hook, but today they didn't see any line or the hook on the right side of her mouth.  Maybe she tossed it herself, which would be great. Or maybe a NOAA team went out and we just didn't get word. Either way the hook is gone and that is good news.

RH76 Kala
RH48 Lei Ola

3 comments:

Madhatter said...

Aloha, I finally made it back to Hawaii after 11 long years. My husband and I have moved here. I have followed the blog since 2012. I can’t wait to see a monk seal from afar that is. I know the viewing rules for the monk seals. I will be in the Kapilina housing area and will be able to walk the beach and report any that I might find. I went to the Aquarium knowing that Hoa is still in California but wasn’t able to get any information about when he will be back. Next I wanted to go to Sea Life Park and see Maka but his habitat is closed as well. I wanted to say hello to everyone and hope to run into one of the volunteers.
Madhatter

Donna said...

WELCOME BACK MADHATTER !!!

Look forward to hearing about your sighting and thank you for your support of the blog.

Madhatter said...

Oops my bad, I meant Kekoa at Sea Life Park. However I received an email back stating that the Monk Seal Habitat has been open for 2 weeks, I guess it wasn’t updated on the website. Maka was with Hoa at Waikiki aquarium. RIP Maka.