Tuesday, August 17, 2021

08/17/2021 Tuesday (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

 

It was a really awesome day. All morning I could see big black clouds forming and coming across the bay, they were blown over the mountain and the West side got ALL the rain. Not one drop for this side. In the afternoon I tried to go to town and turned back because of traffic and heavy rain. As I drove past the farms it stopped and it was dry all the way home.

As I left early I was able to enjoy watching the spinner dolphins heading to Waimea.
The tide seemed high but most of it was the BIG swell that rolled in overnight.
First seal I saw was an overnighted RL98 Lina, she spent the day sleeping on the beach
Next was RL74 Kami 99% molted (I couldn't see her full back), still with her Ulua hook. She was sleeping beside RP30 Puka. They have spent the last several days together. On my second check they were moving to higher grounds.
Same happened when I spotted RN58 Luana, she was dry but moving up to be away from the big waves.
RO40 Ka'ena was sleeping nice and dry on a small beach. He's VERY green
R3CX Nalu was taking advantage of the pools being full because of the big surf, to swim from one to the other.
On my way out I spotted a freshly hauled out RW02 PVKauai sleeping like a long.
More tomorrow - Be Safe 🌺😷

No comments: