Monday, October 7, 2013

10-7-2013 DB's Dailies: Irma@KBP&MB, Kolohe,Duke&2UF@RI, Buster@SB, M&M@WP, Pohaku@Secrets, Haupu@Elec.Bch, Benny@Maili BP, UU@Kaimana

I was on it dark and early as usual, but it would be 0743 before I logged my first find. On my first look at Rabbit Island I found the molting male at 2BS, which , at 1400 would prove to be Kolohe (RW22). He was in the company of a small green female, that must still be carried as an U/F, with 2 red taqs.
 
At 0909 one of my KBP permanent resident posse called with the report of an animal. When I arrived at 0914 I found Irma (R010) lolling in the pool , 100 ft off shore at the pier end of KBP. She would remain there through a couple of interactions with the adoring hordes, but would finally depart at 1203. At 1244 Ocean Safety called with the report of an animal just hauling out to Makapuu Beach. When I arrived at 1255 I found Irma at the base of the hill going down to MB. I cordoned her off and she remains. I picked up the stuff at 1830. Irma remains.
 
At 1300 Gayle called with the report of Kea (RN46) on the gnarly rocks behind "derelict row", east of Crappy Cove, Sandy Beach. He was well hidden. Gayle reported his departure at 1436. I checked the cove area as well as AD on my 4-7 but did not see the little dude.
 
At 1346 on another RI check I found Duke (RA12) at 1BS, and the fully molted U/F at mid Middle Cliff.
 
Ocean Safety called at 1437 with the report of an animal at the Gas Chambers end of Sandy Beach. When I arrived at 1445 I found Buster (RV08) and cordoned him off.
 
At 0856 Team Billand reported M&M (R020),fronting #1707, White Plains.
 
At 1007 the reported Pohaku RO28) at Secrets. First reports had come in at 0830.
 
At 1239 the Billands found Haupu (RB24) at Electric Beach.
 
At 1350 Team Billand found Benny (RE74) at Maili Beach Park.
 

Ocean Safety called at 1702 with the report of an animal at Kaimana Beach. I notified Dana. Dana checked in at 2017 to advise that people on the scene said its Rocky (RH58), but no photos.  

 Buster Boy at Sandys
 Duke ... great shot of the duke 
 Irma at KBP 
 Irma at Makapuu 
 Kea sleeping on the rocks.. earning so scratches on that perfect little weaner body
 Kolohe
UF #1
 UF #2
Haupu Electric Beach
 Here she comes.... MM
 MM at White Plains
 Pohaku at Secrets
 Beautiful Shot!
Benny at Maili

No comments: