Thursday, October 10, 2013

10-10-2013 DB's Dailies: Irma&Duke@MB, Kea@SB, Kolohe&Aukai@RI, Makaiwi&Kermit@WP, Haupu@Camp Erdman, Luana@Mokuleia, Kaikaina@TB, Right Spot@Mokes, Ewa Girl@ WSK

At 0629 posse member Darcy found Kea (RN46) foraging amongst the rocks in near shore waters at the west end of Crappy Cove. I had to go on another call at 0650, and when I returned at 0830, Kea was no longer visible.
 
At 0657 posse member Alex called to report 2 animals at Makapuu Beach. There had been nobody there on my earlier check. When I arrived I found Irma (R010) and Duke (RA12) together at the bottom of the hill at the east end of Makapuu. I cordoned them off, and they remain. I looked it up... even though Duke is a Rabbit Island boy, born there on 5-7-09, and has ventured as far as Molokai, this is only the 3rd recorded haul out to Oahu. The first was on 1-8-11 at Pele’s Chair, and then again on 5-5-11 at the Kokee Flats.  When I picked up the stuff at 1900 Duke was gone. Irma remains.
 
At 1128 I found Kolohe (RW22) at the far left end of Rabbit Island. His is 95% molted.
 
At 1154 Aukai (RL12) hauled out 30 ft right of 3BS.
 
Volunteer Melanie called at 1225 reporting that Kea (RN46) was just hauling out to the east end of Crappy Cove. When I arrived we put up the SPZ and he remains. Diane Gabriel reported Kea’s departure at 1535. I did not see him on my 4-7 shift.
 
Team Billand called at 0700 to advise that Makaiwi (R4DF)& Kermit (R012) overnighted at #1706, White Plains. Kermit departed at 1808. Makaiwi remained. 
 
At 1059 the Billands found Buster (RV08) at the Reef Runway.
 
Kimo called at 1112 to advise that he and Vera had found Haupu (RB24) at Camp Erdman. They both spent quality time with Luana at Mokuleia.
 
St Ilana of Nimz, working on a DOFAW project at the Mokes, reported "N6" (Right Spot, R016).
 
Karen Turner email brought news of Kaikaina (RL54) at Turtle  Bay
 

At 1821 Team Billand reported Ewa Girl (RS00) at Wind Sock.

 Duke @ Makapuu Beach
 duke and irma... how cute is this? 
 Kea at Sandys
 Kolohe
Haupu @ Camp Erdman
 Luana at Mokuleia
 Ewa Girl @ windsock
 Ewa Girl at sunset

No comments: