Tuesday, October 8, 2013

10-8-2013 DB's Dailies:Irma@MB, Buster@RI&SB/ Kolohe,Duke,Nani&Aukai@RI, Makaiwi&MM@WP, Kermit@Yokes, Kekoa@RR, Kerby@Maili Pt, Luana@Mokuleia

At 0600 I found Irma (R010) waiting for me at the base of the hill at Makapuu Beach, right where I’d left her last night. I cordoned her off, and she remains. He molt appears to be in the 5% neighborhood. I picked up the stuff at 1800. Irma had departed. Thank you to Diane Tekai for the idiot shots both at Makapuu, and with Kea at SB. Sad, Sad, Sad !
 
At 0815 I found Buster (RV08) fronting 1BS on Rabbit Island.
 
Also at 0815 I found a 40% molted Kolohe (RW22) at 2BS. He would later relocate to Seal Rock Inlet.
 
Gayle called at 0826 with word that she had found Kea (RN46) amongst the rocks and tide pools east of Crappy Cove. It was the same location as yesterday, and I’ve begun calling the spot "Gayle’s". On my 1426 check Kea was gone. Gayle did the Cove and I checked AD but nothing. Brandi also did AD on her 4-7 shift and found nobody.
 
At 0936 I found Duke (RA12) just hauling out to join Buster at 1BS. They had words, and Buster chased him into the water. Buster would haul out to 3BS later. Buster would pop up in a different venue later on.
 
At 1212 I found Aukai (RL12) at 3BS.
 
At 1228 Nani (RK60) joined her.
 
As you know there have been U/Fs in my life lately. To my complete surprise Ama’s DOFAW crew did surveys on Rabbit Island today. A member of the crew, Ilana Nimz got all the ID info by tag number today. I told her that if she could get me the tag numbers I’d put her in for Sainthood (Whisperers can do that). Ladies and Gentlemen I give you St. Ilana . She done realllllllly good !!!
 
At 1356 Ocean Safety called with the report of an animal at "Gas Chambers", Sandy Beach. When I arrived at 1359 I found Buster (RV08) and cordoned him off.
I picked up the stuff at 1845. Buster remains. 
Team Billand called at 0646 with the report of Makaiwi (R4DF) at the fence line, White Plains. Thank you Vera for the video.
 
At 0850 they found M&M (R020) fronting #1707, White Plains.
 
The highlight of this day began with a call from Ocean Safety at 1207 with the report of an U/U at Yokes on the west side. At 1325 Team Billand came through with the news we’ve all been waiting for. KERMIT IS BACK !!!!! He had last been seen on Oahu on 6-7-13, at Kermit’s Reef. In the intervening time there were 4 YouTube video sightings of Kermit in the Niihau area. Then on 10-1-13 there was word from Kauai that he had been sighted there. Today he is back home. It’s only right that it was the Billands that found him. Ya’ Done Good guys !!!
 
At 1208 the Billands reported Kekoa (RK72) at the Reef Runway.
 
They weren’t done yet. At 1426 the Billands found Kerby (RW08) at Maili Point.
 
Dana called at 1837 with a report from the Elk's Club about an animal behind their facility. My vote is Rocky but ????????? 
 

Karen Bryan got word of Right Spot (R016) at MCBH. The shots are inconclusive, but a right side bleach was reported.


 Irma going to pieces... ( beginning her annual molt) 
 While her pudgy son is hanging out on the rocks down the road 
 Kolohe back on Rabbit Island shedding his old coat
 Nani and Aukai crusing together
 Right Spot @ North Beach (marine corp base)
Luana cruising Mokuleia
 seems to be a fav spot of hers


No comments: