Thursday, April 30, 2020

04/30/2020 Stay-At-Home (38) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

I was busy on this side today so I did a couple of checks on RL42 Leia & PO4 D8. Mom has been following the same trail up and down the beach. PO4 is independent and doesn’t seem to need mom’s flipper around him at all times so mom rests with one eye open. Kid still stays by her side and in no time it will be wondering around solo. At sunset mom made her way up the beach for the night.
I’d be embarrassed if I tell you how many photos I took to confirm RW02 PVKauai’s ID this evening. Finally on the 2 last ones I got a partial W04. 
As soon as I arrived on the cliff I saw him and knew it was him but on the side he was presenting me there’s no markers to say it’s him. For the next hour and a half I kept checking the sets and praying “this one is going to get him and he’ll move a little so I can confirm his ID”.
The strong wind and the sunset light were the biggest issues.
That was all for today.    More tomorrow


 soooo sweet

No comments: