Friday, April 24, 2020

04/24/2020 Stay-At-Home (32) Monk Seal Dailies

Aloha good people,
I hope you are are all staying safe.  I open tonight's blog with great sadness to report the passing of Honey Girl R5AY.  There aren't words to express how many of us are feeling the loss of this beautiful female. Over the next couple of days I'll post more about my and other posse's personal feelings  and experiences with her. For now here are a couple of links about the news coverage, as well as a couple of links about her and her life.  I know there are many of you who are feeling the loss, just know you're not alone.

News of her passing:
https://www.staradvertiser.com/2020/04/24/breaking-news/popular-hawaiian-monk-seal-honey-girl-found-dead-on-windward-oahu-beach/?fbclid=IwAR3y_6yWilsONju7TIlukBtcJ8RO8q-6sRtbV6uYFLGSJm6BT6I6I48DkEY

https://www.kitv.com/story/42053865/after-20-years-wellknown-hawaiian-monk-seal-found-dead-on-windward-oahu-beach#disqus_thread

R5AY's (Honey Girl) Story
https://www.fisheries.noaa.gov/feature-story/r5ay-honey-girls-story-struggle-and-salvation-paradise?fbclid=IwAR1zKJ4aBILAhZLD5JtiwsqRvfXscSGg23VzGswQfsqNB-oVkQy0qNlw2co

Other than this very sad news, in the monk seal community life goes on and there are critters hauling out. Thankfully we have some eagle eye posse that spot them while they are out running their errands.
Yesterday Kolohe RW22 was spotted, and if I do say so myself he's looking quite large.

Her very own book... 
Kolohe RW22
 Kalani RN14
RH32 Ka'ale
 RH92 Nalani 
 RL20 Kalua

No comments: