Wednesday, April 8, 2020

04/08/2020 Stay-At-Home (16) Wednesday Monk Seal Dailies

Aloha Good People

I hope you all are well and staying safe. Such a strange time we are going through, so much unknown, and yet so much to be grateful for.  I do hope when the worse is behind us, we can look at the mistakes that were made, but more than that what worked. How neighbor reached out to neighbor, how we suddenly realize how important so many of the "essential" workers are.  I make sure I thank ANY and ALL of them whenever I have an opportunity.  

I got a really nice email today from blogger buddy Bobbi :-) She shared with me that her favorite seal is RL20 Kalua. Why because while visiting Oahu she got to see him as a pup. Of course I think for many of us the first "pup" always tugs our heartstrings.  
Bobbi did mention the Honey Girl R5AY was her favorite because she was the first seal she ever saw in the wild, again a first.

My first:
1st seal ever laid eyes on: Chester
1st view of a pup: Kerby born to Ewa Girl on Rabbit Island
1st pup watch Hoku born to 5AY on the north shore & and Kolohe born to KC on the north shore 
( they were born just week or so apart)

Having said that one of my favorites was Makaiwi 4DF.  I joke that I like her because of her tag number, but honestly the first time I met her she was at white plains. Team Billand had been out there so I went to give them a break.  She was so entertaining, did not stay still the entire time I was there. She rolled, she posed and she would put her flippers together like she was praying.  
That girl was all over the island, west side, waikiki, east side... and last we heard she made her way to the Big Island. She did return to Oahu once but then left for the Big Island again. It's been a long time since we had any sighting.

RL20 Kalua  
Makaiwi caught some dinner
 the hug pose 
 blowing bubbles from her nose
 the glamor shot

No comments: