Sunday, April 26, 2020

04/26/2020 Lesley's Ka'ena Point Update from Saturday 4/25

The mystery of disappearing emails attack last night, I spent long time downloading photos and checking IDs only to find out this morning that the email I sent last night is no where to be found.
I IDed 11 seals yesterday !!
At first light I was checking on RL42 Leia & Pup in the company of R303 BG I stayed with them till sunrise.
An hour later we checked again and got to see Leia take the pup down to the waterline it was a short get wet session they came up a little and remained the rest of the day.
It was late morning when I made my way out to the point
RL98 Lina was @ 5Mns
RG40 Holokai was @ 10 Mns and entered the water before I left. I didn't see him again
RL74 Kami was on some reefs near the girls pools, while I was IDing her I heard a noise behind me in Nihoa's pool it was RN58 Luana and RO40 Ka'ena. He was poking her with his muzzle till she had enough and snapped at him. They had some words then settled down.
RN04 Kainoa was on the Runway
When I made it back to the pup site I saw that RW02 PVKauai had joined BG and both were sleeping peacefully. M&P were in the  same spot she sleeping and the pup playing with it's flippers.
On the sunset check there was a third seal with BG & PVKauai. The seal was being aggressive. He was on the water side, BG was in the middle and PVKauai was mauka all side by side. There was a lot of fighting and biting. They 3 ended up in the water with a lot of splashing vocalizing and swam away with BG in the lead at the speed of a bullet.
The third seal was RH32 Ka'ale
Looking at my photos his H32 tag caught my eye. One side of that tag has the #2 faded and looked familiar.
I looked back at my photos from the day before and saw the same tag. MY BAD I mixed IDs and thought the H3..tag was a H36 and IDed the seal as Kawena. I checked photo by photo of 04/24 and the seal was DEFINATLY RH32 Ka'ale.   More soon ðŸŒº


No comments: