Friday, April 24, 2020

04/24/2020 Stay-At-Home (32) Lesley's Ka'ena Update



On a very busy day out here, I was lucky I didn't have to go far to monitor 5 seals

On my first check I found RL42 Leia & Pup D2 up high sleeping near the path due to the high surf we had last night. They spent the rest of the day mid beach between the tides.
On my first check I also found RN04 Kainoa hauling out on the rocks on the side beach. Where he spent the day moving up and down because of the swell. On my last check at sunset he had left.
On my last check at sunset I found R303 BG & RH36 Kawena hauled out with M&P. Kawena went over to check the pup and mom gave her a good couple of words and made her move back. She went towards BG that also told her to settle down a couple of times. They were all very entertaining to observe. They seemed to be all tucked up for the night when I left      More tomorrow ๐ŸŒบ

No comments: