Saturday, January 7, 2012

1-7-2012 RI37 and Ua Maile North Shore News

Dana and Kelly Girl were out in Laie to meet with Azlina and family to provide some basic monk seal 101 training. While out there they met up with a few other folks living by the beach..... We should get more reliable information from the north shore with so many eyes watching the shore lines. Thank you to Kelly Girl for spreading the word.  Dana also wanted to extend a special shout out to Karen Banes, Vera Cober for looking after Kermit and M&M this afternoon.... while Team Billand made the rounds. Actually to everyone whose been out there watching over Kermit while he rots... eer I mean molt.

 RI37 from this morning in Laie (nice sequence of shots)
 RI37 @ Laie (from Dana)
 Ua Maile @ High Rock

1 comment:

kelly girl said...

We can only give credit to Dana but I thank you for the mention. I'm always excited to recruit, recruit, recruit. It saves my poor butt from putting in too much mileage in looking and responding to seals.
Dana is the bestest! Her knowledge and patience she shares with new recruits and old recruits is beyond the call! Thanks Dana for mentoring me the right way and catching me when I falter, you are greatly appreciated! me ke aloha, kelly girl