Wednesday, January 18, 2012

1-17-2012 Very LATE Team Billand Report

Team Billand had a full seal day, and if that wasn't enough they had to take care of important family business. I knew Barbara wouldn't get to sleep without sending in her pictures and report.... Well sure enough here it is (and you may wonder why I am still up at 2:30 am... well this is what happens when I have frozen mocha coffee @ 3:00 in the afternoon).  


Team Billand were host to a film crew along with the NOAA/PIFSC... I am sure when more details are available about the filming it will be made available. Once again Team Billand is out showing them what it is volunteers do... and what they do best. 

RO28 was not fitted for transmitter or bleached today, since the PIFSC team decided she might be pregnant. 
 Too bad it was a overcast day 

 Dr. Greg and NOAA/PIFSC
 Even though Team Billand had family matters to tend to, when they came across this net on Nimitz, they decided NO WAY would they leave it.... so... they pulled it. Yes the two of them dragged this off the beach  attached to their car and dragged it to the dumpster... 
 Scary 


3 comments:

Dana Jones said...

No one is happier than I am that Dera is home, but many thanks go out to Nicole Davis and Michele Bane for heading up the NOAA end of things. Welcome home Dera, I wasn't sure how much more my tmobile account would take.

Heide Joy Weber said...

God bless the Billands! They are so amazing! Where was the NOAA and camera cr for this ordeal? Lol.

Barb and Robert, you two make me feel shame for not doing more! You are always there at the right time and the right place...mostly because you are always out there on the beaches! Thank you for your incredible dedication! When I grow up, I wanna be just like you!

Love,
Heide

Barbara said...

AWE HEIDI, you so nice. Thanks for everything you said.
Rob and I do all we can for our seals...they need help. I know you would do the same if you saw a net out there...as we all know, NETS are deadly to seals and other sea critters.

Guess what? We went to check on the status of the net and to our delight...some one picked it up. Who ever did that, god bless you.

Hugs to you Heide Joy Weber!!!! Never see you long time...