Saturday, January 7, 2012

1-7-2012 DB's Dailies: Duke,M38&Buster@RI, Ewa Girl@WSK, T21M@IRQ, Kermit,M&M@EB, RI37@Laie, RO28@Trks


Many a mile was trod and driven, but Kaiwi and Irma were no shows today. There were however a couple of "phantom" reports of a possible Kaiwi. When posse member Kathy arrived at Spitting Cave this morning at 0800, a fisherman told her that a small animal with a transmitter and a larger animal had just left. No critters were ever seen at SC or Kokee today.

At 1230 on my umpteenth Crappy Cove check, a fishman posse guy said he'd seen the pup outside the Cove, but it never tried to haul out. His heart is good, but I'm not so sure about the sighting. I did hourly cove checks as well as Irma's and AD checks and never found anybody. Tomorrow ??????

At 0730 I found what would prove to be Duke (RA12), 70 ft left of 1BS on Rabbit Island. I determined that Duke is the animal with the CC wound. It appears to be healing well.
When I got back to Makai Pier for a 2nd RI check at 1046 I found RM38 fronting 1BS.

At 1147 Buster (RV08) hauled out to join M38 at 1BS. His D#14 molt is 65%.

When I got back for my 1438 RI check I found Buster still at 1BS, but M38 and Duke and moved to the water front rocks right of Seal Rock Inlet.

Team Billand called at 0702 with the report of Ewa Girl (RS00) at Wind Sock.

At 0730 Clay Gates reported T21M at IRQ.

Team Billand checked in again at 0752 advising that M&M (R020) had over nighted at Access #185C , Ewa Beach

At 0810 they found Kermit (R012), once again fronting Ewa Beach Park

Dana called at 0920 to advise that volunteer Azlina Hurun had once again reported Bessie (RI37) just hauling out to the beach behind her house.

At 1400 Team Billand found RO28 at Tracks.
Marilyn , Zeeny & Patrick and Lesley did the Ka'ena Point trek today. They found Ka'ena (RO40), Kerby (RW08), Noa (R6FI), Benny (RE74) and 761 at the end of the world.  Zeeny shot video of Benny and 761. Check the blog. see next post re: Ka'ena Point Report

Dana called at 1800 to advise that she and Kelly Girl were with Ua Malie (RT10) at High Rock, Kahuku. Check da' blog in the morning for photos.

M38 and Buster V08 
 Kermit R4DG peeling away
 
 young'en looking after Kermit
 My god... if I didn't know better I would think he was ..... well not alive

 Miss M&M R020 @ Ewa Beach


 Ewa Girl RS00 @ Windsock
 Barb's at it again.... sculpting away
 RO28 @ Tracks
 T21M @ Iroquois

No comments: