Saturday, January 28, 2012

1-27-2012 DB's Dailies:Kaiwi&Irma@SC, Buster@BH, T15M&Kermit@WP, R5AY@Mokuleia, 2AW@Trks


I was on the road early , as usual, but it would be 0810 before I ever encountered a critter. Actually, Gayle was bummed because she had been sitting at Spitting Cave for a half and hour, when I walked up to join her, and in less that 5 seconds of my arrival there were Kaiwi (RK96), and Irma (R010) in separate locations at Spitting Cave. It's about time I won one, usually its Gayle who does all the finding. Kaiwi would be in our lives for maybe 30 seconds. We saw only the single up, and then she disappeared for the day. Irma has remained all day. She was still doing 7 minute dives on my 1400 SC check.

While on the subject of Kaiwi, Dera sent a map of Kaiwi's activities last night. Apparently she had been in, and maybe even hauled out in Hanauma Bay late last night. Just because of that data, I did a thorough Hanauma Bay check, mid day, even venturing down to Toilet Bowl. Unfortunately, I have nothing to report except sore knees. I also checked the "secret cove" at Lanai Lookout (only me, June and a million scuba divers know about it). Alas, it too was Monk Seal free.

At 1331 on my 3rd look at Blowhole, I found Buster (RV08) down in the cove on the Sandy Beach side of the lookout. It was the same location as yesterday, but today he was better hidden from the public.

Despite lots of hours at Makai Pier, I found nobody on Rabbit Island today.

Team Billand checked in at 0710 to report an overnighted T15M, fronting #1708, at White Plains.
At 0954 the reported that Kermit (R012) had hauled out just down the beach, fronting #1706, White Plains.
At 1326 they called again with the report of a 50% molted 2AW at Tracks.

Dana checked in at 0844 to advise that volunteer Bonnie had found R5AY behind the Polo Field, in Mokuleia.

 Irma @ Spitting Cave
 Buster @ Blow hole 
 Kermit @ White Plains 
 Pretty adorable Kermit
 T15M aka Sharkbite
 Just shows you this animals ability to survive.... not one but two shark attacks
 Sharkbites lack of right flipper
 2AW @ Tracks

No comments: