Sunday, January 15, 2012

1-14-2012 DB's Dailies: Kermit@IR, Mojo,Buster&RIP@RI, RO28@Electric Beach, T21M@WP, R5AY@Hauula, UU@Sunset, Rocky@Waikiki


At 0614 I found Kermit (R012) waiting for me again at Irma's. He had overnighted. When I got back for a 0810 check, he was gone. On a recheck at 1348 I found him just hauling out again at Irma's. I cordoned him off, and he has remained the rest of the day. He was still there when I picked up the rope at dark.

At 0836 I found Irma (R010) doing 8 minute dives at Spitting Cave. She has remained there all day. Terry called to say that Irma was rounding the point and was headed east. Tomorrow ????

At 1020 to my complete shock, I found my 2nd born son, Mojo (RI17) at Seal Rock Inlet on Rabbit Island. I'd last seen the boy on 8-10-11. Since then he has been hangin' out with Diane on Molokai.

At 1047 Buster (RV08) hauled out to SRI, 40 ft right of Mojo. There was never any observed interaction. When I got back for my 1415 RI check, Buster had relocated to the far left end of the island.

At 1240 I did another SC check. Irma was still there, and at 1258 I found Kaiwi (1258) doing 7 minute dives on the left side of the big rock. It took a while before I realized that this was Mom & pup at SC. Check Zeeny's footage

On my 1415 Rabbit Island check I recieved a 2nd surprise. RIP (RR70) was there, near Mojo. I'd last seen RIP on 12-13-11. He is sporting a new coat, and looks good. My #1 & #2 sons (Irma's boys) are home !!
Marilyn did the Ka'ena Point trek, and reported Ka'ena (RO40), Kerby (RW08) and 761 at the end of the world.

Team Billand reported Pohaku (RO28) at Electric Beach at 1109.
At 1551 they reported T21M fronting #1707, White Plains.

At 1109 I got a call from a lady at the Seabreeze Condo on the Gold Coast, Waikiki reporting an animal. The caller was a friend of Colleens, and decided to call her. Colleen confirmed the Rocky (RH58) ID. The Seabreeze posse reported that Rocky left at 1810.

Donna called at 1143 to advise that her kayak tour neighbors had seen a small animal on one of the Mokes. Donna called again at 1349 to advise that they reported a red tag with a K and a 6 visible. I vote for Nani (RK60).

At 1157 Dana reported an U/U at Sunset Beach . I've gotten no further word. She also reported tht R5AY was at Candy Green's house in Hauula. 

 DB's #1 and #2 sons Mojo/RI17 and RIP/RR70
 Rocky @ Seabreeze Condos
 Condo Posse Team
 I don't think he wanted his picture taken.....
  Kermit looks sooo young with his new coat
 Hey Kermit your girlfriend is diving at spitting cave with her youngest pup
 RO28 @ Electric Beach... She can't make up her mind... in the water? out of the water? 
T21M   Mr. Sharkbite @ White Plains
 He's one of our seniors... been around for a long time.

5 comments:

Barbara said...

OOpps, The photo of this old green seal, IS, T21M. Sharkbite left early morning, then late afternoon, T21M showed up to our surprise. He is also a senior monk seal who been around along time, also in his late 20's.
We dont never remember finding T21M here at Plains, not at this spot. He used to go to the corner of Plains near FENCE LINE. But now there are lots of homeless there and campers,plus area is now eroded. He is a large seal, a male from the NWHI, I think from 1987. I am glad he chose near the cabins also, as the surf beach was loaded with HUMANS. He may have over nighted, so, cant wait to see if he is there this morn. I look forward to being with him too. And like Sharkbite, he is getting ready to MOLT.

Barbara said...

Oh and we notified Littnan his transmitter fell off, thus the patch on his body. I hope we can see those maps of his travels soon. He had his transmitter put on at Iroquios Pt. Last July 15th I believe and Clay Gates was lucky enought to see the entire process.

Donna said...

Thanks Barb, for the correction. I ALWAYs mix these two up, that sometimes I have to double check. Hopefully this will be the last time.
T15 is Sharkbite, not T21
T15 is Sharkbite, not T21
T15 is Sharkbite, not T21
T15 is Sharkbite, not T21
T15 is Sharkbite, not T21

Diga said...

Didn't Sharkbite molt at Yokes last year? Diane

Val said...

ALoha, Well I just gotta say I hope that T21M stays on Oahu to do his molt this year. The past two years he has "rotted away" in January, in his own special spot on Molokai(exact same spot both years:). I met him 2 years ago and it took me over 2 weeks to finally get a positive id on him (it was his bleach mark on top of his head) He is a slow molter too!! Diane and I dubbed him "Molter" Given the incidents that have happened on Molokai in recent weeks I pray that he stays over in your neck of the sea...Stay safe T21M aka da "Molter"