Wednesday, January 11, 2012

1-11-2012 DB's Dailies:Buster&Duke@RI, Kaiwi@SB, Kermit&T21M@DH, RI37@Sunset, Ka'ena&761@KP, RO28@Guard Rail


I'm happy to say, the computer is back !!! At 0710 I found Buster RV08) just moving down from behind the dunes, 40 ft left of 1BS on Rabbit Island. He would entered the water at 0725. I did not see him again today. His D#18 molt is 80%.

I pulled into Crappy Cove, Sandy Beach on my umpteenth check at 0952 and found Kaiwi nestled in her Naupaka bush. Fisherman posse member Robert said she was there when he arrived at 0930, however she had not been there on my 0845 check, so that is the window. She has remained all day, moving down to the water front rocks at 1139.

At 1137 I found what would prove to be Duke (RA12) on the water front rocks of Seal Rock Inlet , on Rabbit Island. I finally got the ID at 1505, when he rolled just enough so that I could see his new ventral wound. I'd been intent on looking for Kolohe, but alas I did not find him today.

Colleen called at 0843 to report that Kermit (R012) had overnighted at the graffitti bunker, at Diamond Head.
Colleen called again at 1230, to excitedly report that she had another animal. It would prove to be T21M (R7GY). He was two doors down from Colleen's house .

Dana called at 1000 to advise that RI37 had been confirmed at Sunset Beach.

Vera Cober checked in from Ka'ena Point at 1318 to advise that she had spent the day with Ka'ena (RO40) and 761 at the end of the world.

At 1530 Team Billand reported Pohaku (R028) at Guard Rails Beach.


Ooooops !!! I forgot a biggy piece of news, late breaking . Kelly Girl called this evening to advise that she had mail from people advising that they'd seen La'akea (N31) (RK82), near High Rock, Kahuku.


Kaiwi's Travels
 761 @ Ka'ena Point (thank you Vera)
 Ka'ena @ Ka'ena Point 
 Ka'ena is Kaiwi's older brother
 RO28 with some spew? wormy spew- ewwww
 I think she had too much beer... 
 T21M @ Diamond Head
 Is this the first time he's been out there?

2 comments:

Lesley - Mkt and Events said...

Yesterday, I called DB early to know if he had any news on T21M where abouts. We talked it over and I went down the hill and braved crossing Kalaniana'ole Hwy traffic to check the beach at the back of the church. He was MIA.
Glad to read that he decided to go visit Aunty Colleen and Kermit
;-)

kelly girl said...

Hi all,
sorry but here is a little correction....it wasn't acutally an email...yet...(awaiting photos), but it was a phone call that I received saying that a seal with N31 on it was out past High Rock more towards the bird refuge half way inbetween High Rock and the end of the refuge by Kahuku golf course. That's pretty far out there, beyond the beyond. I dread having to do that walk to find her. Any volunteers? Hopefully we will get some photos. I think they were taking videos and will have to get stills from that, so all we can do is hope for photos. But it's great that she is out there. It would be great to see Ua Malie (T10) on one princess throne at High Rock and La'akea/N31(RK82) on another:)