Thursday, January 5, 2012

1-5-2012 DBs Dailies: M38,Kolohe&Buster@RI, Irma@KK, Kermit@WP, RI37@Laie


The Kaiwi Kuest as well as the Irma Quest were underway by 0615. Kaiwi would be a no show today, but Irma did make an appearance.

At 1005 I found M38 snoozin' amongst the water front rocks to the right of Seal Rock Inlet on Rabbit Island. On a pan at 1010 I became aware that he had two visitors. They would prove to be Kolohe (RW22) and Buster (RV08). All would snooze away the day together. There was no observed interaction. I was not able to see Buster's D#12 molt percentage.
At 1241, on my 2nd look at the Kokee Flats, I found Irma (R010) at Irma's Grotto. She had not been there on my 0841 check.

Posse members Terry and Gayle reported a large animal at Spitting Cave at 1627. I responded immediately, but never saw the animal. I suspected who it might be, and called my Kokee posse members . They confirmed that Irma had departed. I'll put a cat on Irma being the SC animal. Tomorrow ???????? Only Irma knows.

Team Billand checked in at 0700 with the report of Kermit (R012) fronting #1708. His D#3 molt continues.
Dana emailed shot from volunteer Azlina Huron, once again showing RI37, day #3, on the beach behind her house in Laie. Azlina is calling her Bessie. Sounds good to me.

An 1824 call from Dana brought news that Eileen had called reporting that she saw Kekoa (RK72) at his Reef Runway birth beach today.

Sean sent a photo of Makaiwi (R4DF) on the Big Island yesterday. She appears to have thrown her hook on her own. Oh this makes me sooo happy. I wish she stayed around Oahu for a while, maybe she'll be back soon.

 Irma @ Kokee
 Nice scenery
 Irma back to her baby oven weight 
 RI37 @ Laie
 Looks like she picked a new neighborhood to make her home for a while
 Still the I'm sleeping sign says it all 
 Maka'iwi 4DF hookless  on the Big Island.
 Kermit @ white plains
 Kermit literally peeling
 okay... he looks like he's rotting

No comments: