Thursday, April 30, 2015

4/30/2015 DB's Dailies: Sadie&PO2, RIP&UF@RI, Rocky@RR, La'akea,Ola &UU@Turtle Bay, Right Spot@Chun's, RI37@Hauula, Benny@PC, RW02@Makaha

Both Gayle & I combed the quadrant today, and the Rabbit Island cast was the only find . There was nobody visible on my 0658 check, however when I got back to Makai Pier at 0830 I found Sadie&PO2 doing a feed at the left end of the beach,on D#15. They had no doubt been out on a swim session on my first look. They would do 2 additions water sessions. 0933 - 1020, and 1227-1302. 

Also at 0830 , to my surprise I found RIP (RR70) fronting 1BS. When he showed up at Diamond Head yesterday, I assumed he was headed back west. Wrong...............again !! He remained all day. 

The 3rd animal I found at 0830 proved to be a problem. It took a full day of observations just to see a female belly, which only allows me to call it an U/F. Based on the general look, and condition of the animal, R5AY would have to be at the top of my “possibles”, but ???????? The abdomen was slack,and the coat a uniform algae green. At 8/10th of a mile , given the viewing conditions, I just could not confirm an ID... I hate having Unknowns !!!!

 At 0944 Team Billand reported Rocky (RH58) on the Reef Runway check.

 At 1227 a Dana call brought lots of news. La’akea (RK82)& little sister Ola (RG03) were together at the birth beach, and there was a yet to be identified UU on the hotel beach, at Turtle Bay.

 She also advised of an animal at Chun’s, which would prove to be Right Spot (R016), and animal reported at Hauula was confirmed as RI37, but Don.

 Another Dana call at 1241 brought word that Benny (RE74) was at Paradise Cove.

 The Billands called at 1312 to advise that volunteer, Debbie , had called them to advise that “N62".... RW02 was at Makaha Beach.

 Rip 
 Sadie and PO2
 Unknown female -  could it be 5AY ??? 

 rocky at reef runway
 RW02 at Makaha

No comments: