Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I was on the road as usual at 0600, however after much searching I had still not found a critters as of 1100. I'd been looking at an empty Rabbit Island from Makai Pier, so I relocated to the Makapuu Overview at 1100. Even then I didn't find anybody , however after a conversation with visitors (the usual Monk Seal 101 spiel) I looked into the scope at 1124, and there was Makana, 10 ft above the beach, up in the high grass behind Rocky Right Beach on Rabbit Island. When I got back down to Makai Pier I found that he was now partially visible from that location. He would remain the rest of the day, and was the only RI resident today.

Colleen called at 0720 to advise that she'd completed a check of last night's Kermit location , to the east of the DH showers(in the dark), and found that he was gone, as were some of her signs (tide) She called again at 1230 to report that she had found Kermit now on the Waikiki side of the showers. She advises that he is 100% molted.

In the yesterday's new department, we have a KC find, by Diane Gabriel at Punaluu on 1-17-11. Her shots arrived after I'd sent of da' dailies. SO SORRY! I received Diane's photos last night and completely spaced it out when I was updating... am I bad. Oh well DB always follows through. (sorry Diane)
Karen Bryan called at 1556 to report that "N6" was reported at North Beach, MCBH. That is Right Spot. She confirmed the Right Spot ID at 1717. Apparently, Right Spot had first been seen at 0900 this morning.

 KC @ Punaluu
 Nice shot - now if all the beaches can be this quiet.

No comments: