Sunday, January 16, 2011

1-16-11 DB Dailies

My day began at 0530 with a call from Sandy Beach posse member Mike, reporting a seal and signs at the east end of Sandy Beach. Of course when I arrived I found Kermit right where I'd left him last night, though he was resting against one the signs. I got "whooped" a bit but got him cordoned off for the day. Marilyn said he was the "Best Man" at a wedding that took place at the rope line, later in the day. His D#13 molt continues at 85%.

At 0739, from Makai Pier, I found RIP up in the Morning Glory, 50 ft left of 1BS on Rabbit Island. He would later move down to cool off, and was run off at 1113. More on that in a bit. When I got back to Makai Pier at 0935 I found Makana tucked into the base of the cliff at Rocky Right Beach. He would later move down, and would remain the rest of the day. At 1005, Kolohe and Duke would haul out together to Seal Rock Inlet. They would remain there the rest of  the day.

At 1109 3 stand up paddleboarders (probably a family , an adult couple and a sub teen boy) hauled out fronting the first Blue "NO LANDING' Sign. They immediately moved to check out RIP, who saw them coming and rapidly departed. They departed at 1116. I called DOCARE at 1110. There was no DOCARE response.......again !

Dana called at 1150 to report that Doniel had KC across the road from her house at Kualoa Point.

Team Billand found no critters, but did have a staring roll on a KITV news story about the crappy conditions at White Plains. Benny got mentioned but they didn't use the photo. Sorry Benny . Ya' Done Good !
http ://www.kitv.com/health/26513485/detail.html  <---- Link to KITV story

Kolohe and Duke
RIP
DOCARE - tresspassing
Medical waste - trash  - poison
Kermit @ Sandy Beach
So handsome with his new coat!

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Oh what a cute shot of Kermie, I so miss his company. But its just as well, he is safe where he is, no medical waste to worry about. He's in good hands. I got to take another look at that shot of his cute face, almost done molting. Big HUGS TO YA KERMIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Megan said...

I'm doing a project on monk seals for school. do you have any info?
i could really use a hand!

Donna said...

Megan! Good for you! Please email me at dabella50@gmail.com

I will be happy to help you and point you to all the wonderful data available on monk seals.

What school do you attend? and when is your project due?

Donna the blog lady!

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.