Thursday, January 13, 2011

1-13-11 DB Dailies

It was yet another wet and windy day. Not as bad as yesterday, but still unfun. At 0722 I found Sadie , 40 ft left of 1BS on Rabbit Island. She was the one and only visible RI resident.

I'd done 4 checks of the Sandy Beach to AD's area during the morning , before settling down to check RI. Sure enough, Dera called at 1105 to report an animal at the east end of Sandy Beach. When I arrived at 1117, there was Kermit waiting for me. According to the caller he had hauled out at 1000, approximately 15 minutes after my last SB check (I told you they have an evil sense of humor). I got him cordoned off , and Kermit has remained the rest of the day. I picked up the rope at 1900. Kermit remains.

Colleen checked in at 0951 to advise that Irma was on the beach at Diamond Head, just down from her house, and in the exact location that Kermit had been just a couple of days ago.

Colleen called again at 1440 to report that Rocky was near the Jim Nabor's house at the Black Point end of Diamond Head.


Kermit - last patch of molt... will he finish on Rabbit Island?  That is the question.
molting @ Sandy Beach
Irma @ Diamond Head
Rocky a few doors down from Irma @ Diamond Head

No comments: