Monday, January 3, 2011

1-3-11 Volunteer Kudos!

It was a pretty wild and wooly monk seal day for Dera and me and many many volunteers. I just want to make sure that several first responders get their atta girls and boys.

DB and The Billands had many many sightings, but until Dera called to let me know there were 5 seals with an appearance by a newbie on the Westside I was unaware of ALL the numerous visitations.

Did speak to Barbara around 2:00PM and got some sick people over to White Plains to look after Kermit. Jill & Gerry Dill. They made their way to White Plains and called to say that Kermit was still hanging around and they would stay and keep watch.

On my way to both warehouses, got a call from Dera regarding Wailua spotting. Jen Maldonado did an IMMEDIATE response and went out with signs and stayed.

Judy came and then Kelly when she got off work to end up the evening and send in some great photos to ID what we all had to know in our hearts was KC. All in all some pretty impressive response teamwork.

Dera then called when I was leaving the 2nd warehouse stop to let me know that Turtle Bay had a spotting. Got real excited, where is Ua??? and having spoken to Jeannie Martinson this AM, she generously informed me she had the week off from work. She made the immediate response.
So great to know the networking happens and works. A bit discombobulated at times, but hey it works.
Thank you to everyone for your quick and heartfelt response.
Dana
Volunteer Coordinator
HMSRTO

No comments: