Sunday, January 2, 2011

1-2-11 DB Dailies

On my first look at Rabbit Island I found what I fervently hoped was Makana, up in the grass behind Seal Rock Inlet. It would take a couple of hours, but it did prove to be my little buddy.

At 0745 I found M38 just hauling out to the left end of the beach. He spent the day just right of 1BS.

On a pan at 1008 I found Kolohe just hauling out to Rocky Right Beach, at the right end of the island. All would remain there the entire day.

When I found Makana I allowed myself the thought that I'd have a day off from Makapuu. Wrong................again !!!! At 1011, lifeguard Billy called to report an animal just hauling out to the left side of the beach. When I arrived at 1020 I found Irma waiting for me. I cordoned her off, and she has remained all day. I picked up the rope at 1845. Irma remains.

Team Billand reported Kermit once again fronting #1706 at White Plains.  At 1100 they found a very chubby RI37 at Maili Point.  They had seen RO28 on their first pass this morning at Maili Pt, but they were on their way to check Kermit. When they got back RO28 was no longer there.

Team Kenyon did the long , hard trek to Ka'ena Point, and were rewarded with ZERO critters.... Bummer !!

Dana reported volunteers with an U/U at Alligator Rock on the North Shore, at 1729. I have no further word at this writing.

Makana
M38
Kolohe
Lady Irma

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is a U/U as mention in this blog?

Donna said...

U/U is Unidentified / Unknown

U/F is unidentified/female

U/M is unidentified/male

(this information is important for tracking purposes).

Anonymous said...

Do you know what seal was at Alligator Rock on the North Shore? Where are the pictures?

Donna said...

Aloha... pictures get posted if someone turns them in... if you know who might have pictures of the seal at alligator rock, please let them know and we'll post.
donna