Wednesday, January 12, 2011

1-12-11 DB Dailies

My day began at 0450.....yeah...0450 with a call from Sandy Beach metal detector posse member , Otto advising of a large seal at the east end of Sandy Beach. When I arrivedat 0515 I found Kermit. Since it was howling wind, driving rain, not to mention pitch black, I waited until I got a little more light to begin roping him off, since the area he chose is mostly rock with just a thin veneer of sand, and required creative cordoning, with rock piling to hold the signs. He has remained all day. Kermit's D#9 molt is 70%. I picked up the rope at 1845. Kermit remains.

Rabbit Island observations were a challenge to say the least. Makai Pier was unuseable because of the honkin' winds, and "wind devils" over the water. During a couple of clear moments at 1130 and again around 1430, I was able to see Sadie up in the grass behind Seal Rock Inlet, from Kaupo Beach Park. She was the only visible animal.

I covered SE quadrant as usual with special attention to the AD's area, but found no other critters, nor did I recieve any other critter reports.

Kermit
 Great shot of Makai Pier and windward coast
 Sadie

No comments: