Saturday, January 1, 2011

12/31/2010 DB Dailies

From Makai Pier at 0732 I found what would prove to be Kolohe, up in the grass behind Seal Rock Inlet. When I got back to the pier at 1017 I found that M38 had joined him, and both were now cooling off nearer the water line.

At 1117 Buster hauled out 50 ft right of 3BS. His molt is completed. All would remain there the rest of the day.

At 0914 I got a call from a Makapuu lifeguard reporting "a baby seal" just hauling out to the left side of the beach. When Marilyn and I arrived at 0920 we found Makana. I got him cordoned off and he remained there until leaving of his own volition at 1602. The mother of my cats did the lions share of Makana duty. The hordes were stoked to see a little toy Monk Seal on the beach. Cute da' kid !

Team Billand reported Kermit, once again fronting #1706 at White Plains. Benny would join him there at 1530.

At 0834 Colleen called to say that her sister had told her about an animal near the showers at Diamond Head. She was on her way to deal with the critter, and of course we both knew it would be Rocky. Wrong............................again ! Colleen called after cordoning off the animal , confirming the Irma ID.

Buster
Benny
Kermit and Benny
Kermit

No comments: