Friday, January 14, 2011

1-14-11 DB Dailies

I was on the road at 0600, and at 0605 I first smelled, then found Kermit, right where I'd left him last night at Sandy Beach. I redid the cordon and rechecked him throughout the day. He has remained all day. Kermit was gone when I arrived at 1845.

On my 2nd look at Rabbit Island, from Makai Pier, at 0945 I found Kolohe and Duke together , 50 ft out on the left end rock flats. They would remain there all day.

Also at 0945, on a pan, I found what would prove to be Makana at the far right end, at Rocky Right Beach. He was up high at the back of RRB, tucked into the base of the cliff. I've never seen an animal at that location before. He would later move down to cool off, allowing the ID.

Dera called at 1310 with the report of "N3" somewhere in the neighborhood of the Beach Rd. end of Diamond Head. Colleen responded but Irma was gone by the time she checked the area. Thanks to the bleach at least we know it was Irma.

Dera also reported an animal in Hauula, Dana called at 1805 to report that the responding volunteer did not find an animal.

Around noon I noticed two DOCARE Officers zipping around the beach front at Rabbit Island on their new toys. A couple of spiffy new jet skis. I'm reasonably sure they were showing me their new additions. I never spoke with anyone. They stayed about 15 minutes and then departed in a Waimanalo direction . I'm stoked to see the new capability. Now all we gotta' do i
s get them to be in the right place at the right time. We shall see. 

Team Billand has thankfully found no seals in the West &Southwest Quadrants since the rain episode began. I say thankfully because no creature, finned or footed should be anywhere near the waters of those areas. The various news have documented the disaster but Team Billand have provided insight into their travels on the area beaches.

Kermit 
 DOCARE - on thier water cruisers... book'em dano

No comments: