Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1-10-11 DB Dailies

It was a thoroughly unfun day at Makai Pier today. Howling winds, heavy overcast and finally, rain. My first look had been a bust, but at 1004 I found Kolohe just hauling out at Seal Rock Inlet at the right end of the beach. He moved up and into the high grass and remained there all day. 

On a pan at 1059 I just got a quick look at Makana as he moved into the high grass at the back of Rocky Right Beach at the extreme right end of the beach. He would be invisible the rest of the day.

On a pan at 1203 I found that Sam had hauled out to the left end of the beach, 40 ft left of 1BS. He moved
up and into the Morning Glory where he spent the remainder of the day.

Colleen Heyer checked in at 0710 with the news that Kermit had overnighted at Diamond Head. She would call again at 1040 with the news that Irma had hauled out further down the beach, toward the showers. So close & yet so far !!!

Team Billand reported RO28 at Maili Point again, at 0905.  At 1005 they found 2AW at Tracks (Kahe Power Plant)
Sam 
 2AW @ Traks
 RO28 @ Maili Point - looking pretty adorable
 Irma @ Diamond Head
 Kermit @ Diamond Head
 Irma and Kermit figured out Rocky hasn't been around to keep Colleen company






1 comment:

Barbara said...

I appreciate your keeping watch on Kermit, we sure miss him and Irma too. I was hoping both would meet, but, oh well. Its been a very long time since seeing Kermit with Irma, I mean, side by side. Benny had been in between their hook up. But now Benny isnt in the picture, so why dont they connect, JUST ONCE, Like before? I always felt they were an ITEM. We have many many photos of each years rondezvous. (SIGH). I enjoy the photos of them...hard not to have them around these days. They're like our kids ya know??? I'll be looking forward to more of your pics. Thanks for keeping an eye out...HUGS!!!!!!