Wednesday, January 19, 2011

1-19-11 DB Dailies

My first pass through the SE Quadrant was a bust, however when I got back to Makai Pier I found a cast of  3 critters. Duke was out on the left end rock flats, Sam was 40 ft left of 1BS, and Kolohe was at Seal Rock Inlet. All would remain the entire day.

Not having found Makana from the pier, I relocated to the Makapuu Overview at 1300, but still no luck. I decided to make the AD's trek, and at 1353 I found Makana pretty much where he was on his 1-11-11 haul out. He was on the same rocks, approximately 300 yds east of the AD's wall.

Team Billand was joyous because for the first time in a few days they had a critter. It was RO28 at Maili Point.

Karen Bryan called late in the day to advise that Right Spot had been at MCBH for D#2. 

Tracy sent photos today from her Ka'ena Point journey , yesterday. She had found T15M and CeeCee. Neither has been seen in a while. She only sent CeeCee shots, since T15M appears to be his gnarly ol' self, though she says he is ready to molt any millisecond now.

Kolohe 
Sam 
 Makana T24
 RO28 @ Maili Point

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Really great shots of a little boy hanging out on the rocks at AD's. Oh this kid is adorable, and I can tell, THE WHISPERER is loving him alot. Who wouldnt?????? Just wanna hug the bugga, what a nice gift to find. You're learning all his hiding places...glad he's sticking around, I'd look forward to my day, knowing he's around. So how can you tell the difference between SAM AND MAKANA???? From 1/8th mile away??? Are the shark bites visible to your eyes??? Amazing....just amazing!!