Thursday, January 20, 2011

1-20-11 DB Dailies

My first pass through the SE Quadrant was a bust, however when I got back to the Makapuu Overview at 0917 I could see 3 "swimming heads" playing together off shore of 1BS, at Rabbit Island. Because of the wind chop they were not visible from Makai Pier.

At 1100 I relocated to the Makapuu Overview again to see if the swimmers were still there and also to check for Makana, since I hadn't found him either. At 1102 I saw what would prove to be Makana just hauling out to the right side of Seal Rock Inlet. I got the ID from Kaupo Beach Park. Makana was not visible from the pier so I relocated in the afternoon to Kaupo Beach Park and the Overview and saw that he was still there.

Also on a pan at 1102 I found that the 3 swimmers had hauled out to the right of 1BS. They would prove to be Kolohe, Duke & Sam. They all hung out together for the remainder of the day.

There were no other critters reported today.
Kolohe, Sam and Duke - ( I'll take band members of the 1950's)
Makana

No comments: