Sunday, January 30, 2011

1-30-11 DB Dailies

At 0739 I found Sam just hauling out to Right Greenery, on Rabbit Island. He would reenter the water at 1153, and hauled out again to the far left end of the beach, where he remained the rest of the day.

At 1039 on a pan, I became aware of a partially visible animal at Seal Rock Inlet. I could never see enough to make an ID. All I could report was an adult sized male, with at least one red tag, and a new coat. There are 4 regulars it could be, but at end of day it was U/M.

At 1117 on a pan, I became aware of a partially visible animal behind the water front rocks at Rocky Right Beach, at the right end of the island. I never got a look at the whole animal, but I did see two red tags on a hind flipper flex, and at 1151 on a roll over I lucked out and saw Kolohe's right side natural bleach.
(Where's team Billand?  - unusual for no mention of their day, I hope I don't have to worry).
Marilyn did the Ka'ena Point trek today, and found Kerby at the end of the world. Her day was called early, on account of rain.

 Sam
 Kolohe
 U/M unidentified male
 Kerby @ Ka'ena Point

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hadn't heard from Team Billand all day, so I checked with them late in he afternoon. They was "Skunked" ! DB

Barbara said...

Yep, us never find nothing yesterday, even after all our searching from Maili,Tracks, SWQ, Ewa Beach Acceses, Iroquios PT. Then back again to all the sites, still...NO MORE NOTHING BUT PEOPLE AND DOGS, NETTERS. BAH!!!!
DB, think the kid that you couldnt ID may have been R018??? Maybe Kermit??? Havent seen him since Saturday...and where is good ole Benny?????? Is he on Molokai?????? Lets see if we see any body this chilli morning....HEY, LISTENING GUYS???? HUI!!!! Irma, Kermit, Benny, RO18, and what happened to our sweet Pohaku??????? Happy Marylin found KERBY, he looks great. Kden, seal ya.........