Saturday, October 31, 2009

DB Post Saturday 10/31/09

I found Buster in precisely the same position and location that I found him yesterday morning, tucked into the base of the cliff at the left end of the beach on Rabbit Island, 100 ft left of 1BS. When I got back to Makai Pier at 0929 he had moved down to cool off and on a pan at 0932 I noticed that he was gone.

As I panned the RI coastline looking for him at 0932, I happened onto two animals playing in the shallows just right of 1BS. I discovered very quickly that it was Buster and Duke (thanks to the wonderful N18 bleach). I lost track of them at 1012, and on pans I found Duke hauled out to 3BS at 1014, and Buster just hauling out 60 ft left of 1BS at 1015. They would remain at those respective locations the remainder of the day.

The real highlight of the day came at 1001 with a call from Team Billand. They reported that they were with EWA GIRL !!!! at Campbell Industrial Park, Palm Grove. Her last sighting had been at Iroquois Point on 9-24-09 (Billands). Her last known CIP visit was on 9-7-09. Of course I can't rule out that it wasn't Irma in an Ewa Girl mask. (She doesn't look it but Irma has a really weird sense of humor). Anyway I goin' with the Billand's ID call. Happy Halloween everybody !

No comments: