Thursday, October 15, 2009

**** 1000 ENTRIES ****

Aloha Good People!

Well today is a big day for the monksealmania blog... our 1000 entry! Its hard to thank each and everyone of you that have contributed and supported this effort. It really is about a team of people coming together... ONE of my favorite connections is with our good friends in Molokai... Val came across the blog and sent me some information on seal sightings on Molokai... with Val's permission I started posting her emails... but beyond Val's sharing her experiences, Barb and Rob made a connection with her and took a trip over to Molokai... and so it began, friendships and connections. For me personally... I have made so many new friends and I am thrilled to be in the company with so many that share the same passion as me.

So here are some blog facts & statistics:
  • First entry/post February 8, 2008
  • Total of 518 entries in 2008
  • Since January 2009 we have 14,818 visitors (obviously many repeat readers)
  • 67% of the entries are from DB
  • 29% talk about Irma
  • 23% talk about Buster
  • 22% talk about Ewa Girl
  • 21% talk about Kermit
  • 19% talk about RIP
  • 17% talk about Kolohe
  • 15% talk about Sadie
  • 13% talk about M&M
  • 13% talk about R301
  • 13% talk about Rocky
  • 13% talk about Volunteers
  • 11% talk about Kerby
  • 11% talk about RBO8
  • 10% talk about Duke
  • 10% talk about Hoku

In the last 20 months:
  • 5 pups were born on OAHU (4 males 1 female)
  • Hawaiian Monk Seal was named the official State Mammal
  • Volunteer organized and created HMSRTO non profit 501C3
  • KP2 - a star is born
  • We lost Chester & Hoku
  • We had 2 seals shot on Kauai
  • One person serving prision time for one shooting
  • First official fund raiser
  • 3 completed seal counts
Well my good people THANK YOU for making this place a success... Starting in November I would like to feature an animal a month... See if we can get people relating their stories about this cast of characters.
~donna~




2 comments:

Barbara said...

Congrats on your 1,000 entries. I really enjoyed reading the statistics, wow, simply amazing all that occured!! And looking forward to more reading with THE BLOG LADY and her Monksealmania.blogspot.com!!!! Flipper hugs to all the contribitors, and we all know the best contribitor, Mr. Whisperer himself....DB!!!

val said...

Ah...Blog Lady Donna,
Congrats on the 1000 entries. Your dream of connecting people together for the cause really has come to be. I am soo thankful you put it together and I found it. So many new friends and ones that I will hold close to my heart forever.
To my friends Robert and Barbara--big hugs, to my mentor DB, who has taught me so much in such a short time. thanks for sharing your wisdom and humor.
Donna, again thank you for all of your work and committment to our beloved Hawaiian Monk Seal
God Bless you all.