Saturday, October 24, 2009

DB Post Saturday 10/24/2009

At 0554 I found Irma waiting for me at the east end of Sandy Beach. Despite many checks through the day I was spared another day with Benny and Right Spot. Dare I hope that they may have moved on.................Nah !!!!!! Irma remained all day. I'll be reassessing at dusk.

My first look at Rabbit Island was a bust,but when I got back to Makai Pier at 0930, that had definitely changed. Ranging from 60 to 100 ft left of 1BS at the left end of the beach were Mikala, her mom M&M, then RIP and then little brother Mojo. Also at 0930 at 3BS, at the right end of the beach I found Buster and younger sister , Sadie. At 0958 Duke, who is Sadie and Buster's baby brother, hauled out to join Mikala and the rest of the gang at the left end.

At 1148, posse person Chanel (from Diamond Head) called to report that she was visiting friends at Ko Olina Resort, and that there was an animal just hauling out before her eyes at Lagoon #1. In response to questioning, she described Kermit to a tee. The Billands confirmed the Kermit ID at 1428. Kermit had last been seen (by the Billands) at White Plains on 10-20-09.

At 1122 a Rabbit Island DOCARE Incident began with the arrival of 2 males and 1 female who hauled out in the mid Middle Cliff area. They explored to the left , passing 2BS, and spotting the 5 animals at the left end, but to their credit they did not approach. They spent time sitting on the beach immediately fronting 2BS, and departed the island at 1149. I called DOCARE dispatch at 1125, and the trio was met and cited at Kaupo Beach Park upon their return at 1438.

Barbara Billand called at 1650 to advise that Kermit had departed Ko Olina.

I picked up the Irma rope at 1845, and left the signs. She was snoozin' peacefully.



Okay this has to be first.... Kermit - best man?

No comments: